Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back in England

It is a week now since Marie and I arrived in England. The temperature has been getting colder by the day but still no snow. This past week it is down memory lane for me as I have been going round looking for the places that I used to work at and lived in. It is sad to see the hospitals that I used to work in are all demolished and gone. These are:
The London Jewish Hospital
The Bromley/Farnborough/Beckenham Maternity Hospital
Queen Charlotte's Maternity Hospital

Surprisingly, all the places that I used to live in are still there albeit slightly different from when I was living there. Will post the photos when I am back in M'sia.
Do we miss Malaysia? The answer is definitely YES!!

There is nothing like being in your own home wherever that may be.
There is nothing like doing your own things at whatever time or day.
The internet connection in Malaysia is faster.
Our hosts feed us very well but we do miss the food in Malaysia especially when out shopping.

All said and done, it is sale, sale, sale everywhere and we are enjoying this aspect of our visit very much. The saddest part is seeing the closing down of Woolworths on Boxing Day. As a matter of fact, not many of the famous big name stores are left as I notice when walking down Oxford and Regent Streets.
Chinatown has not changed much with the same restaurants like Loong Fong and Lee Hau Fook still there. The Chinese supermarkets are still there selling more or less the same things.

We are off to Paris later this morning so will post again when we come back.

No comments: