Thursday, May 31, 2007

May Specials

This year we decided to do something different on Mother’s Day. I am sure many of us Malaysians did not know that there is an elephant sanctuary where you can spend time with the elephants. My friend Franziska from Switzerland invited us to join her and her Swiss friends on a picnic to the sanctuary. Imagine, I had never heard of this sanctuary before so it was an adventure for us. I met Franziska 8 years ago when she and hubby Yong attended my antenatal class. Their son Lukas was one of the first babies at my childcare centre.



Photo of us at the sanctuary. We got to ride the elephant plus wash and feed the elephants. It was a real fun day. Do you see that Marie is almost the same size as me?

This year I get to show off my Mother’s Day card from Marie to the whole world. She has been making a card for me since she started pre-school when she was 3 years old.



WELCOME
This month we welcome a new model to our childcare centre.

Li Harng (10 months old)

NEWS FLASH

Do you remember this photo of Colin in the January 2007 special events?

Finally Colin is walking unsupported. He is now 11 months old. We always thought that he would walk before Derrick since he started crawling, standing and so forth first. It just goes to show that every child will cross each milestone at their own pace and we should try our best not to compare them.




This month we bid farewell to Jeremy whose grandmother wanted to look after him and Jean who has graduated.
Jeremy
Remember his role in ‘Baby walking’
Jean
Remember her role in ‘Weaning babies onto solid food’


I would like to end this month’s events with Marie during the tug-of-war event on her school’s sports day. Her team came out second for the event. Come to think about it; every year she is selected for this event. I guess it must be her size that is the deciding factor.


No comments: