Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April News

I was a little concerned with Jocelyn as she was still eating and sleeping all day at 8 months. Then all of a sudden, she started to push herself to the sitting position and crawling commando style within one week. At the time of writing, she has started pulling herself up to stand. What a clever girl.

This month my daughter Marie will be 12 years old. I cannot believe how time flies. It seems like only yesterday that I brought her back from the hospital and having to wake up for her night feeds. To celebrate her birthday and to thank her for brightening up my life, I would like to share with you some of her baby photos up to her graduation from kindergarten at 6 years old.


This is Marie’s first photo taken immediately after birth in the labour room.

She just completed her first month.



Here she is trying to lift her head off the bed.

She did it and even managed to lift the upper part of her body.

Taking her first steps and learning to stand. She managed to walk by herself for the first time at 14 months. The lazy girl!

She loves bashing away at the piano and sitting in the driver’s seat in my car.

Here she is having her first swimming lesson at 6 months. The orange patch on the swimsuit is a padding to help keep her afloat in the water. We had an excellent swimming instructor but she is no longer residing in Malaysia.

Unfortunately, this is the only photo of her first birthday cake. Then it was a family dinner in a restaurant.

“I wonder what mummy will say if I play with her computer?”

Her love for the cell phone started early as you can see.

Here she is- 2 years old already.

Going to school for the first time at 3 years old

Showing off her singing prowess

She is the lead singer in the school concert. She is 5 years old here.

Now she is showing off her dancing skills.

Here she has earned her first sports trophy.

Her graduation from kindergarten

Marie did not want to have a birthday party but only wanted me to be healthy and live a long life.

We decided to have a quiet dinner at one of the restaurants nearby.

She loves cup cakes so this is her ‘birthday cake’

Had another celebration with grandma

As we are not lovers of cakes we had a very small cake this year

My ‘babies’ celebrating my birthday with me.

No comments: