Monday, April 19, 2010

Latest news on using onions to prevent flu

In December last year, I started putting onions all over the areas where the babies spend most of their time as you can see from the pictures.





















During the past 9 years, the children will usually have flu around the Chinese New Year period and it was a constant round of medications three times a day for all of them. This will last for about a week before they recover. It is heart breaking to see them coughing and sometimes wheezing.
The results of my onions experiment? So far none of the children had flu during the CNY period. A couple of them started sniffling with slight runny noses and I immediately placed an onion near them and the sniffling stopped. It is really nice to see children without runny noses. So, have you tried it out yet? Do let me know the results.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cecilia,

I am interested to enrol my newborn which is due in Sept in your day-care center. However, I cannot seem to find your contact or email anywhere in the your website.
How can I contact you? You can reach me via email at lp_yee@yahoo.com or 012-284 0364.

Thank you,
Jess Loh

JoKyMokY said...

I would love to try the onion method in preventing runny nose. May I know, are there any particular onion type or any type of onions work too? Also, do I need to cut off the top, or just leave the onions whole (skin and all intact) at specific places?

Hope you can let me know. My daughter keeps getting runny nose every 2 weeks.

Thanks

Cecilia said...

Hi babylink
I use the red Bombay onions and there is no need to peel it. Just change the onions once a week.

JoKyMokY said...

Thanks Cecelia. Am trying it out now. Wish me luck..

P/S: Just wondering... what do we do with the onions after one week? Do we throw it out or can we still use it in our cooking?

Cecilia said...

Hi Babyblink

I forgot to reply to your question about the used onions. Just throw them out as they are full of bacteria