Sunday, January 3, 2010

Update on using onions to prevent flu

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! May 2010 bring you health, happiness and wealth.



On 25 December I mentioned that I will start putting onions all over the areas where the babies are and so far the children seems to be ok with less runny noses and coughs. However, the most significant outcome is its’ effect on Nash. Two weeks ago Nash had a very severe chest infection and was hospitalized for 6 days. When he came back to the centre, he was still coughing and had a lot of phlegm.


I placed an onion next to him and surprising by evening he was coughing less. Could this be due to the medication that he was taking? He was on antibiotics and ventolin. However, the next day he had stopped coughing and his chest was clear. I asked his mother if she used the onions and she said that being “kiasu” she put 2 onions in his cot and all over the house.






Maybe this is a fluke shot but I am monitoring the other children to see if the onions are helping to prevent them getting the flu so frequently. Have you tried it out? Do let me know the results.

3 comments:

Ann said...

WOW....I knew there must be a reason why I suddenly thought of visiting your blog!

Will be putting an onion in Christopher's bed tonight!

Have to go out and buy onions first! :)

Mummy Moon said...

How this onion works on prevent flu and cough? My son just discharge from Hospital of having very chest cough till lungs infection.

Cecilia said...

Hi Mummy Moon

I am so sorry I did not see your comment until today. I am not really sure how the onion works but apparently, the onion absorbs the bacteria therefore reducing the amount of bacteria in the air thus preventing flu.