Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update on the 3 male mousekeeters

Jeun Yip and Gavin completed their 4 months so time to introduce them to baby rice cereal and get them to practice coordinating having food in the mouth and swallowing






Here I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for this rice cereal that aunty Cecilia mentioned.







Hey!! Why don’t I practice the Gong Xi Fa Cai greeting whilst waiting?







I think my fingers taste better than what they are going to give me







Ok, let’s go for the first spoonful








Hmm, I remember Wei Jun told me the first taste is yucky, but I am not sure what to make of it.






Wait lah! I am still thinking about it.








It is standard practice to push it out, so here goes.








Oops, I forgot that they will scoop it back in.







Sigh!! Guess I have to swallow it after all







Hey!! Watch that spoon eh, I do not want that stuff in my eyes ok?








I will be a good boy and finish it Aunty Cecilia







Yea!! That was the last spoonful and I actually like the stuff. It is Gavin’s turn next he he he!!!



Gavin's turn





My friends Wei Jun and Jeun Yip have told me all about eating baby rice and I am looking forward to it. Every time that I see mummy and daddy eating I want to join them but they said no, so all I can do is watch and drool and smack my lips.





The first spoonful








Actually, I like it but must push it out so I do not spoil Aunty Cecilia’s theory







There you are, they will scoop it back like my friends said.








Yes!! I love this stuff.








Come on, give me some more








Is that all? I want some more please. Aunty Cecilia said wait a few more days before she will add more so I have to drink my milk as I am still hungry.





Update on Wei Jun’s weaning progress.





It is about one month since Wei Jun started eating baby rice. He is now taking 4 teaspoons each day







Now is the time to introduce vegetables, albeit in powder form.








Replace one teaspoon of the plain rice powder with one teaspoon of rice and vegetables. I believe in introducing food slowly to make sure that the baby’s digestive system can take it. If he is ok with it then I will give half plain rice and half rice with vegetables. By then the baby will have completed six months when it is time to start on home cooked porridge.

No comments: