Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What a 7 month old baby can do

By six to eight months, if you position a baby properly in the sitting position he can remain sitting for a short period without falling over. He does this by using his hands to balance his upper body. Initially he uses both hands to balance himself, then he uses one hand and eventually he will be able to sit without having to balance himself. Once he discovers what the world looks like from this vantage point, he will ‘demand’ to be put in this position every time he is awake.
Here are some photos of Jeremy demonstrating the technique.






Hello, I can sit without falling over.











I think I need to hold on to something so I don’t fall over










There, aren’t I a clever boy?












Let’s try the hands free stuff.











Oops!! Nearly fell over











Hmmm, I wonder what those pinky things are.

No comments: